Ms Min is just one of those designers I’ve had my eye on for a while now, and so for today’s Designer Spotlight, I am excited to share her story and collections with you as well.
Feeding my soul with her chunky neutrals (most specifically with her Fall Winter 2017 collection), and her consistently fine tailoring, and creative style, her growth and sophistication as a designer magnetizes me towards her talent, now more than ever before.
Those eclectic and diverse range of styles, colors, and silhouettes of the Ms. Min Pre Spring 2017 collection, are nearly breathtaking, and better yet,complement the human body in a way that just makes your want to say mmmmmmm.
BUT…. before I get ahead of myself, let me introduce you to the one and only founder and creator of Ms. Min…
As explained on her website:
“Threading global influences through her diverse, seasonal collections, China-based designer Min Liu takes inspiration from her love of culture, history, and the arts. Lush Chinoiserie and bespoke embellishment through crisp tailoring and custom prints, Liu’s signature line blends modernity with tradition, innovation with classicism.
Exquisite fabrics, deftly cut silhouettes, and artistic flourish, are hallmarks of Liu’s aesthetic philosophy. One that’s constantly evolving, stirred as much by the future as the past, yet always grounded in notions of proportion and balance. Setting strength against refinement, edge versus flow, for a sophisticated, highly original wardrobe.
Contemporary, yet timeless, the boldly feminine Ms MIN is aimed at the woman who understands that grace is a mindset and her wardrobe a most revealing expression of her point of view.“
Fall 2017 Collection
From the day she launched in 2011 to today, Min has achieved much in little time.
- JANUARY 2011: The Ms MIN collection debuts online.
- SEPTEMBER 2013: Ms MIN launches at the Lane Crawford department stores.
- MAY 2014: Attracting international attention, Min Liu is invited to attend Anna Wintour’s celebrated Met Gala In New York.
- AUTUMN 2015: Ms MIN launches in North America and is stocked by retailers from Opening Ceremony to Saks Fifth Avenue.
- MARCH 2016: Ms MIN is shortlisted for the coveted LVMH Prize.
- APRIL 2016: Ms MIN debuts a flagship boutique in Shanghai, in the city’s chicest shopping district.
- APRIL 2017: Ms MIN x M·A·C (Min Liu for M·A·C) limited cosmetics collection launches globally.
Check out more on the Ms. Min website here